Previously known as Libdemchild

Monday 9 March 2015

This 60:40 Lib Dem policy is confusing me

Phew, I thought I was the only one struggling to understand the 60:40 split. I have spent quite a lot of time looking for information. I am not the only one. Liberal Reform are featured in the Guardian and they speak about how members of the Lib Dems have not yet been informed of the economic plans of the party. The only economic policy that has really come to light has been the 60:40 plan where by cuts and taxes are split in the ratio of 60:40. The Lib Dems have always been a party that has pursued the rights of those who are less well off but this new plan sounds as though it will hit the poorest the hardest again. Health services, police services, those on benefits and the disabled have already taken the brunt of the austerity cuts and I believe that it would be unjust for the lib Dems to further this. I worry the most about child poverty especially since many are already living below the breadline.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. It's fair to say I and plenty of others would rather see less than 60% of the revenue needed to fix the deficit coming from spending cuts.

    Until the Budget the detail of these plans isn't clear. But as I have blogged the economic liberals have massively got their facts wrong. There is quite a lot of detail out there about the party's economic plans, although it isn't easy to find in one place and the confidentiality of the manifesto process hardly helps.

    That said, given we were looking in Glasgow at close to 90% coming from cuts! we are now in a much better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gareth,
    Thank you for leaving a comment. I have read your blog and am posting a link to it. I am glad i didn't know about the 90% in Glasgow otherwise i would have had sleepless nights.
    Maelo

    http://www.garethepps.org.uk/2015/03/09/economic-liberals-fail-numeracy-test/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig