Previously known as Libdemchild

Thursday 14 March 2013

Plan B with a Smile

When I was little I used to play with a box by either putting things in it or putting myself in the box. My mother tells me that one day I took a colouring pencil and drew on the walls. After some time my mother shouted at me and in a fit of anger and rebellion I drew on the outside of my box. This, as it turned out, was a whole new experience. I found this more satisfactory than putting the box on my head. Crude as this was this is how I developed my skill of thinking outside the box.

Now that I am older, I don't draw on boxes (much) and some are packed away (pic below). Instead, I try to put my skill to good use by putting the economy to right. On the 20th of March next week is Budget day and you can be sure as the Easter Bunny is getting ready that old George won't have anything new to say. So far we have had manufacturing figures down, no growth, no jobs, Dave and Ed fighting at PMQs, yada yada but, hang on, have you noticed that there are a whole lot of people surging around the touristy places of Britain?

Yes, it's tourist season and it's going to last well into October. All these people are coming to spend money here. Britain is teetering on the brink of a triple dip recession and I think that it is time to start loving tourists. When countries can't produce, manufacture or export as much tourism is their back up.  So, instead of grumbling about how tourists are clogging tubes and buses and acres of pavement just smile at them instead. London, especially, has a reputation for being unfriendly so next time you are about to complain about "bloody tourists" remember that they are not here to steal your job, undercut your business, draw welfare, kick your cat or steal your hamster but they may be providing the financial means to keeping your job going.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig